3.19.2009

I did it



My goodnees . . It's sure been a long last 6 months. Working on actually getting my cleaning products to fruition has been an adventure!
Insurance, labels, terminology, PO Boxes, ideas, trial after trial, discovering that I am apparently very partial to citrus scents and that cedarwood enhances the scent of a lot of things . . its not just for moth balls! Hahaha.
I've had so much fun and felt so nervous about getting it right that I almost got to the point of talking myself out of keeping this up. The more info I find the more confused I get as to what I can or can't do.
But, I decided to take the leap a few days ago and listed 2 of my cleaning products on Etsy. My best mistake ever the Intense Clean that was a mess up, then we decided, what the heck, let's try using it for regular cleaning and discovered the awesomeness with-in and I made it on purpose and it's SO cool . . cleaned up rust, iron build-up and hard water stains better than some big-name brands (which shall rename nameless), which isn't to say that it was spotless with no scrubbing, but it was darn nice!
And the Get Fresh scent for my all purpose cleaner. I've been using the formulation in my house for over a year and a half, when I realized that the cleaners I was using were making my stomach sick and the kiddos were coughing and yucking for half a day after I cleaned big-time or did a bathroom . .. I knew I had to work something else out.
Now Aphia and I make the soap base, using her soap-making knowledge and reading, lots of reading and experimenting.
So, leia clean is officially launched! And I am SO excited with major butterflies in my stomach at the same time (in a good way) :-) Yeay!!!

4 comments:

Judy Elizabeth said...

Yay! Congrats on this adventure! I can hardly wait to go check them out in your shop!

judyelizabeth

Carolyn West said...

This is great Jamie. Been wonderin' what you have been up to.
I'm gonna have to try them too.

Carolyn

Tammie Lee said...

Your products sounds wonderful! It really sounds as though you have put your heart and experiments into this. I like using healthy cleaning products. I need to clean my oven, are any of these good for that? I refuse to use oven cleaners, very toxic= wear gloves, don't breath etc. What?!
Congratulations!

Inquiry Teacher said...

Ohh . .oven cleaners. Honestly, the best oven cleaner I have found so far is good old-fashioned baking soda.
Sprinkle baking soda around the oven, spray with water until it looks pretty gooey, but not runny. For places that you need it to stick make a thick paste to put on. Close the oven door. Let it sit for several hours or overnight (best), scrape out the baking soda goo as best you can straight into a trash can .. it's pretty smelly and gross.
Then wipe excess off. Use one of those big green scrubbies on the extra tough parts, adding a bit more paste if needed. Just be sure to get all the baking soda residue out of the oven, it makes these yellow crystal type things if you don't. And, as usual keep it off the element when cleaning.
Good luck Tammie! I cleaned my oven this way after it having not been cleaned for over a year (I'm no Holly Housekeeper & Easy Off scares me big time!!) and it was easy and worked great!