8.27.2008

yummy booties!!

I do not know many people who can resist an adorable little baby . .so sweet and cute that you just want to gobble them all up (metaphorically, not in a creepy way). Give them kisses all over there little cheeks and play with their little fingers! Ahhhh . . must stop baby envy, do not need another! LOL.

I have the chance to get to know Carolyn of LilBabyThangs who makes the sweetest little booties and patterns . . . I can picture how much more adorable those sweet babies who get to wear her booties look and the joy it brings her to know that there are sweet little feet with her booties on them, all comfy and cozy!!

She has a wonderful tutorial on her blog to help those of us who just cannot use a pattern (I am the type of person who can make many things . .but I cannot follow a pattern for anything, so pictures really help me). I recently purchased one of her patterns and will be posting my finished result :-) I'm SO excited! Visit Carolyn's blog at: http://lilbabythangs.blogspot.com/

Here are a few photos of her work and a bit more about Carolyn ........




Camping on a mountain-top for 5 months with 6 boys, ages 2 to 19, and keeping your sanity would definitely rank as a ‘most memorable experience’ . . . and it certainly is one of Carolyn of lilbabythangs. To Carolyn, it is all worth it, as long as she is home in Montana.

Carolyn calls much of western Montana home and says, “I need green, the woods, the sound of the breeze through the trees, the streams babbling, the animal and bird sounds to soothe my soul, my nerves and allow me to hear myself think.”

Carolyn has lived around the United States, including Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Pennsylvania - she finds her best inspiration in Montana. And she must be very inspired! Carolyn makes the sweetest baby booties and wonderful patterns. Carolyn has even had 2 patterns put in the Clotilde catalog! Congratulations to Carolyn on her amazing work.

Carolyn puts a great amount of effort and joy into crafting her patterns. She says, “I enjoy the pattern drafting and getting it perfected on the computer so it will print up nice, the most, [of her creative process].”

Lilbabythangs are created by Carolyn when she has peace and quiet, order and no interruptions! She says, “I have things in order, so I clean up and clean off - I just don’t put away well, till I have to. And I really hate interruptions.”

Thank you, Carolyn, for sharing yourself and your creations with us and Etsy!

2 comments:

Carolyn West said...

Wow Jamie, I am impressed. You are a talented writer. I am honored to have been chosen for your spotlight. Thank you so much, Carolyn

Tammie Lee said...

How wonderful that you shared about another artist! You presented her work in a wonderful way.